Large Monstera Deliciosa
Nicknamed the “swiss cheese plant”, the quirky Monstera deliciosa is famous for its natural leaf holes. These holes are theorized to maximize sun fleck capture and develop over time as the plant matures. Sized to ship best, our large Monstera arrives with room to grow as it adapts to your home’s conditions.
- Each plant is unique; size and shape fluctuate by season so all measurements are shown as a range
- Large plant measures between 20–28" tall from the soil line to the top of the foliage
- Arrives in 10" diameter grow pot
- Large plants benefit from brighter light to help retain their mature foliage
- Large plants require less frequent waterings due to their higher volume of soil
- If you purchase a large plant with a planter, the planter will ship separately
Bright indirect to medium light
Water every 1–2 weeks
Pair It With
Monstera deliciosa is a species of evergreen tropical vine that is a part of Araceae, the aroid family. Native to the Tropical Americas, it is one of the few aroids which produces edible fruit, hence the species epithet deliciosa. However, it's incredibly rare that a Monstera will flower or produce fruit indoors. Instead, this plant is famous for its beautiful broad green leaves with natural leaf-holes, called fenestrations, which have led to the rise of its nickname, ‘swiss cheese plant’. These holes are theorized to maximize sun fleck capture on the forest floor by increasing the spread of the leaf while decreasing the mass of leaf cells to support.
Become a Subscriber
Take the guesswork out of plant shopping and enjoy the element of surprise with our plant subscription boxes! Choose between our Classic or Pet-Friendly subscription—and receive a new plant and ceramic planter to display it in delivered to your door every month. All you have to do is water and enjoy.
→ Includes easy-care plant & chic ceramic planter
→ Plant variety changes month-to-month
→ Pause or cancel anytime after the first three deliveries