Large Fan Palm
The Fan Palm, Livistona chinensis, is a statement-making plant that takes very little effort to care for; it will be happy in a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces. It is partial to less frequent waterings and bright light, as these will help it retain its foliage. Sized to ship best, our large Fan Palm arrives with room to grow as it adapts to your home’s conditions. This plant is pet-friendly!
- Each plant is unique; size and shape fluctuate by season so all measurements are shown as a range
- Large plant measures between 30–40" tall from the soil line to the top of the foliage
- Arrives in 10" diameter grow pot
- Large plants benefit from brighter light to help retain their mature foliage
- Large plants require less frequent waterings due to their higher volume of soil
- If you purchase a large plant with a planter, the planter will ship separately
Pair It With
Native to China, Taiwan, and Southern Japan’s Ryukyu Islands, the Fan Palm shows off bright, emerald-green leaves, evoking accordion-style fans—not to mention, water spilling from an ornamental fountain. (This was the inspiration for its other common name, Fountain Palm.) Though best known for its graceful and elegant appearance, the pet-friendly species is also noted for its hardiness and resistance to wind and cooler temperatures, which helped lead to its 1993 Award of Garden Merit. In fact, once grown, Livistona chinensis is ideally suited not just for well-lit living rooms and bedrooms—where younger specimens can easily adapt to lower light conditions, and weekly or bi-weekly waterings—but balconies, patios, and tropical gardens.
Become a Subscriber
Take the guesswork out of plant shopping and enjoy the element of surprise with our plant subscription boxes! Choose between our Classic or Pet-Friendly subscription—and receive a new plant and ceramic planter to display it in delivered to your door every month. All you have to do is water and enjoy.
→ Includes easy-care plant & chic ceramic planter
→ Plant variety changes month-to-month
→ Pause or cancel anytime after the first three deliveries