Large Bird of Paradise
With its broad vibrant green leaves, the Bird of Paradise brings a touch of the tropics to any room. It's named after its unique flowers, which resemble brightly colored birds in flight. The Bird of Paradise thrives in warmer conditions with plenty of sunlight. Sized to ship best, our large Bird of Paradise arrives with room to grow as it adapts to your home’s conditions.
- Each plant is unique; size and shape fluctuate by season so all measurements are shown as a range
- Large plant measures between 30–40" tall from the soil line to the top of the foliage
- Arrives in 10" diameter grow pot
- Large plants benefit from brighter light to help retain their mature foliage
- Large plants require less frequent waterings due to their higher volume of soil
- If you purchase a large plant with a planter, the planter will ship separately
Bright indirect to direct light
Water every 1–2 weeks
Pair It With
Strelitzia reginae, closely related to the bananas (Musaceae), is a species of evergreen tropical herbaceous plant that is native to South Africa. These regal plants are thus named for the beautiful, cranelike flowers that they produce. If given full, southern exposure, proper humidity, and temperature, they may flower indoors. This plant’s scientific name commemorates Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Queen consort and wife of King George III. Queen Charlotte was a patron of the arts and an amateur botanist, and helped to greatly expand Kew Gardens.
Become a Subscriber
Take the guesswork out of plant shopping and enjoy the element of surprise with our plant subscription boxes! Choose between our Classic or Pet-Friendly subscription—and receive a new plant and ceramic planter to display it in delivered to your door every month. All you have to do is water and enjoy.
→ Includes easy-care plant & chic ceramic planter
→ Plant variety changes month-to-month
→ Pause or cancel anytime after the first three deliveries